The first data about it refers to 1379. The name occurs from a word "hlyna" ("clay"). In first half of XIV century it belonged to the Galyts'ko-Volyns'ke principality. In 1578 was granted the right to carrying out of three fairs. In 1603 there was built a wood fortification. Are known for weaving - in 1866 there was organized the school of weavers.