Quarterly by lozenge Raspberry, which is per fess wavy by Argent and Azure. First Azure; paty cross Or. Second Or; horseshoe Gules. Third Or; heart Gules. Fourth Azure; wheat sheaf Or. On first part of lozenge is bow Or, accompanied by two stars Or, on second part is gates Or with three towers, accompanied by two stars Or.
- Bow with arrow and stars are the elements from Poltava and Pyriatyn coats of arms, indicate on historic role of this territories, and also Poltava as administrative centre.
- Urban gates with three towers and flagpoles is eldest Lokhvytsia coats of arms. It indicates on durability, power, land inviolability, cossack traditions.
- Water wave is element of Horishni Plavni and Kremenchuk emblems, symbolizes riches of water spaces.
- Cossack cross is symbol of Poltava regiments, Myrhorod and Zin'kiv emblems.
- Horseshoe is one from family Ukrainian emblem and means happiness, good, love, consent.
- Heart is part of emblem of het'man P.Polubotok, V.Kochubey, symbolizes Poltavschyna as Ukraine heart.
- Sheaf personifies natural resource, land fertility, industry of its inhabitants, national traditions.
- Crown means power, firmness, grandeur and glory.
- Raspberry is most useful colour of cossack emblems and means power, bravery.
- Azure means struggle for freedom, hope.
- Or means sun, welfare, kindness, work, dignity.
Image on site V.Napytkin
Україна: герби та прапори / авт. проекту та упор. : В.Г. Кисляк, О.А. Нескоромний. – К. : Парламентське вид-во. 2010. – 456 с. : ілюст. – укр., рос., анг.