The first data about it refers to 1657. It was founded by Cossack Omelyan Koruka - the immigrant from Right-bank Ukraine. Later it was settlement of Kyselivs'ka squadron of Chernihiv regiment. It belonged to het'mans Samoylovich, Mazepa and Polubotok.
The settlement became known since XIX cetury by the production of sugar factory which has received gold medal for high quality on the All-Russia exhibition in Moscow (1882) and world in Paris (1900). In days of Second World war it was burned by fascists.