In the XV century here was a village, which belonged to the Kharghevs'kyi's magnates. On a place of this village Lanckorons'kyi's have based city with the name Novy Brgheze. Later name was transformed in Zbrygh. In 1646 the Vladyslav IV king granted the Magdebourg right. In XVII century were constructed the fortress. It is placed on the Zbruch river bend.