It was founded by specific prince, it is known since 1128. The village was connected with Oster city and Oster fortress. Boyars and princes lived here. In the Middle Ages there were advanced crafts, worked craft shops: weavers, smiths, millers, shoemakers, potters, tailors, musicians, stovemakers, fishermen. They were incorporated into Sacred Mykola Chudotvorets' shop church brotherhood, had the shop symbols and traditions. It was kept well-known Litky Gospel in the church. In the Middle Ages city referred Velyki (Big) Litky. The fair functioned hundreds year.
In 1920 the city become revolt against Red Army. Many its participants were subjected to repression.
Since 1924 and up to our time the factory of embroideresses works.