It was founded in 1240. Big Lithuanian prince Ol'herd in 1362 has transferred village and vicinities in possession to the vassal prince Yuri Ivantych Polovets', which has accepted a name of prince Polovets'-Rozhynovs'kyi. Almost 300 years village belonged to this princely family. The village was centre of princely possession which reached from Desna to Oster and Udai rivers. On the Desna island was a princely palace.